Greetings from Waynesville, MO!

Hello, BYC!

I've been lurking this forum for a while, and finally decided to just make an account! My name's Katie, and while I don't have chickens yet, I plan on getting some in the next year or so! It's been a dream of mine for a long time, but before living here in Waynesville, we lived on a military base, where no chickens were permitted....so I'm looking to finally make my dreams a reality!!

I live with my husband, our 2 big dogs, and one cat. When we get chickens, I initially aim to have 3 hens. Starting with a small number as to not overwhelm myself, and because we're uncertain how long exactly we will be living here (4 or 5 years minimum, as far as we know! That military life....yaaaaayyyy). Some breeds I'm interested in are Plymouth Barred Rocks, Golden/Silver Laced Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, and Silkies!

Pleasure meeting you all! :D <3
Are you still around the area? I’m in the Waynesville area and wondering what you’ve learned from
Hello, BYC!

I've been lurking this forum for a while, and finally decided to just make an account! My name's Katie, and while I don't have chickens yet, I plan on getting some in the next year or so! It's been a dream of mine for a long time, but before living here in Waynesville, we lived on a military base, where no chickens were permitted....so I'm looking to finally make my dreams a reality!!

I live with my husband, our 2 big dogs, and one cat. When we get chickens, I initially aim to have 3 hens. Starting with a small number as to not overwhelm myself, and because we're uncertain how long exactly we will be living here (4 or 5 years minimum, as far as we know! That military life....yaaaaayyyy). Some breeds I'm interested in are Plymouth Barred Rocks, Golden/Silver Laced Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, and Silkies!

Pleasure meeting you all! :D <3
Hello! Wondering if you’re still in the area? I’m a military wife also looking to have some chickens in Waynesville. Just curious your journey from then until now?

ello! Wondering if you’re still in the area? I’m a military wife also looking to have some chickens in Waynesville. Just curious your journey from then until now?
It looks like she hasn't been on since 2019 :(
But welcome to you! I have visited the Waynesville/Ft. LWd area with friends, but since those friends don't have chickens, I wouldn't be able to find out much for you regarding any restrictions in the area, if there are any! Anyways, welcome to BYC and always feel free to start new threads and post any questions you may have, there is always tons of valuable help and input to be had! And thank you for your family's service! :)

Back
Top Bottom