Greetings from West Palm Beach, FL!

CitytoFlFarm

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 1, 2013
I joined this group in hopes of getting some advice. We have 2 chickens, 7 months old. They both have been laying for a while now. Last week all eggs stopped! I go out each day to check and nothing. One of them has started to get a little aggressive and flys at me if I check in the box. It's been 6 days since I've had an egg. I think it's odd that both would stop laying. Any advice on what might have caused this and how I fix it???

welcome-byc.gif

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! A couple of questions about your hens: have they recently experienced some sort of change...adding new birds, a new coop, a big scare? That can influence laying. Also, do they free range? Sometimes when it is hot my birds will lay in cool, dark, shady places like under shrubs, etc. Parasites can also reduce or even stop laying. You might consider posting in the link below for other ideas. Good luck to you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/18/chicken-behaviors-and-egglaying

welcome-byc.gif
Are your hens staying in the nest box? I am wondering if they are going broody. The one flying at you may be an over zealous broody to be! Broodies can be fiercely protective of their nest. When hens decide to go broody, they will try to hatch rocks, golf balls or even nothing all. If they seem healthy this may be a reason.

Back
Top Bottom