1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greetings & Hallucinations from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SoonerSims, Dec 29, 2013.

1. SoonerSims

SoonerSims Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2013
    First, let me say that I've browsed this site for some time now prior to joining. Thanks goes out to everyone for the great articles, pics and forum discussions. It's helped me a lot. That said, it looks like there may be a bit of a learning curve in using the site but I'll get up to speed eventually.

Now for a bit about myself...I'm J.B. and have lived in Oklahoma all my life. My wife and best friend of 36 years, Becky, is also an Okie through and through. We are currently working with our dear friends and partners in crime to get a 40 acre "hobby farm" up and running. It's lots of work but also lots of fun. I hope to post a few pics later as we make progress. Chickens and other poultry will be our main focus but we'll have other farm critters and possibly some aquaculture as well. We do have a "mixed bag" of chickens that we're learning from. They are a fun and sometimes exasperating little group. I do hope to focus on some pure bloodlines later on though and they will teach me the do's and don'ts in the meantime.

Well, that's about enough of my long winded intro. I look forward to learning more from BYC members. Thanks again for the great site and wealth of information.

Peace, Love and I'm Out! - JB

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - good luck with that homestead.

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] to BYC!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

5. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

Welcome

6. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Welcome to BYC!

7. Chickenpen

Chickenpen Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2013
    Norman, Oklahoma
    WELCOME SoonerSims! I am a sooner myself, from Norman. I have to be neutral on bedlam, I have one child that graduated from OU and one from OSU. It get's quite interesting during this time.

8. SoonerSims

SoonerSims Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks for the "warm" welcomes...since it's cold outside! 60 one day and 29 with gusting winds the next. Good grief. On the bright side, it ain't as cold as some places.

Back at Chickenpen - My best friend, who is one I'm homesteading with, is an OSU fan so we go at it pretty hard. Glad he lost the bet this year and has to fly OU flags at his house and a sticker on his truck. Ha! If I can only find some crimson and cream chickens.

1 person likes this.
  9. ChicknsRock

ChicknsRock Overrun With Chickens

Oct 4, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by