Greetings ! I'm new! And super stoked and excited!

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Good luck with your chickens
thumbsup.gif

Hello!
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from South Carolina! This is a great place to meet people and learn about keeping chickens. I started with 5 and in less than a year I have 21, and we just had 8 chicks hatch this week! I LOVE chicken math! I have been having so much fun I even started a chicken blog!
Everyone here LOVES pictures, and remember there are no dumb questions! I look forward to hearing more about your flock as it grows!

Well, we are down to 18 chickens. Thankfully the loss is not to deaths. The sad part is we are down to that number because we had so many roosters. Our silkie, Tigger, is a roo, Pojo, our naked neck, a roo. Two of our sexed from the breeder in Texas Americaunas, roos. We started out with 26, lost one after a couple days and the rest we had to bring out to my friend's horse farm She has a good sized flock and gave us one of her Americaunas(we got ours at the same time from the same nursery) and one of her mixed barnyard girls. She now has a "bachelor pad" that she keeps separate from her regular flock. Unfortunately she lost her rooster of 6 years to a raccoon. He fought off the raccoon from getting to his girls and he died two days later. One of the roos I brought over there, Bret, the chicken formerly known as Betsy, has self appointed to be the new King of the girls.
We are getting at least 9 eggs a day now. My neighbors are loving fresh eggs. We still have no clue what some of them are as far as breed goes. We got our first egg on the hurricane, August 28 th. Our girls are so much fun to hang out with. I would love to have property where I could have hundreds of them. Different breeds are interesting to me. Thanks for all the replies and the welcoming to the site. I need to get some pictures up.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom