Dec 30, 2010
Sparta, MI

And proud of it! :D

HAHAHA Good one!
clap.gif

my sigi line:

Member of the Derperella Club-- We're just all goin' round' the rooster, here
Resistance is NOT futile... it's Voltage divided by current
Single Mom to The Cane Sisters: Candy (EE), Nova & Sola (S.Sussex), Raisin & Citizen (SLW) & Hurra (FBCM) + 2 horses, 3 dogs and 5 dumpcats
My Coop Building Page https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/670830/the-shed-is-here-omg-now-what#post_9055853
GREAT article on adding birds : https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/adding-to-your-flock

So you were assimulated, and I bet you never even tried to resist because the thought of hearing sound was futile to think otherwise......

Well, I was born deaf, and was implanted at age 6, and got my 2nd implant at age 21. I love hearing my roosters crowing, wind blowing through the trees, hens singing the egg song, my cow mooing for her calf and calf mooing back, hogs grunting and smacking over their meal, rain hitting the roof of the coop, and birds singing. Its a wonderful world of sounds the tech can give to a person who was born deaf or through hearing loss. :) Although, I can always turn both off when there is an irritating noise to give me peace and quiet when I want to. :p

So you were assimulated, and I bet you never even tried to resist because the thought of hearing sound was futile to think otherwise......
Well, I was born deaf, and was implanted at age 6, and got my 2nd implant at age 21. I love hearing my roosters crowing, wind blowing through the trees, hens singing the egg song, my cow mooing for her calf and calf mooing back, hogs grunting and smacking over their meal, rain hitting the roof of the coop, and birds singing. Its a wonderful world of sounds the tech can give to a person who was born deaf or through hearing loss.
smile.png
Although, I can always turn both off when there is an irritating noise to give me peace and quiet when I want to.

MEE here

My Grandfather went extremely hard of hearing during his mid fifties by the time he was in he early sixties he got him some hearing aids, he had retired from school teaching by then and was working his used to be second job, as a full time one after teaching. Back then we had 4 broiler houses(we raised CornishX's) and every 6-8 weeks we got a brand new batch of 20 -25,000 chicks(biddies where I come from) in each house. Well you can imagine the decibel level of all that many little cheeps and chirps added up to going on all at once. I can remember every time right before he entered the houses he'd reach up and dial back his reception on his "new ears" (as he called them) and was good to go. (cept it made it hard for us boys to communicate with him) it seemed as though he'd just go off into never land while working away as content as ever and sometimes we'd have to physically get his attention, Too, like Thanksgiving or Christmas time when his and G'mas house was full and noisy, he'd just turn those ears down and sit and watch football and have a big ol happy content grin on his face, whereas otherwise he used to would normally be outside out of the chaos before he ever got his new ears cause before then all that mass confusion was just that, and a noisy mess to him. LOL

Jeff

Last edited:
Well, I was born deaf, and was implanted at age 6, and got my 2nd implant at age 21. I love hearing my roosters crowing, wind blowing through the trees, hens singing the egg song, my cow mooing for her calf and calf mooing back, hogs grunting and smacking over their meal, rain hitting the roof of the coop, and birds singing. Its a wonderful world of sounds the tech can give to a person who was born deaf or through hearing loss.
smile.png
Although, I can always turn both off when there is an irritating noise to give me peace and quiet when I want to.
tongue.png

I'm happy you where able to gain the gift of hearing,I realize even with implants life wasn't easy. especially as a child, I had a speech impediment as a child and still do not speak fast, or elegantly, so in a small way I can comprehend the challenges you had.

Back
Top Bottom