Greetings & Salutations! ☥

Mina83

In the Brooder
May 12, 2022
'ello everyone! Thank you for having me! ☺️ I'm not entirely new here, I've been stalking the forums for a while now...i have always been interested in being a chicken guardian but have only in the last few months, along with my daughter & son, jumped in, head first. Now we have around 30 birds- a pair of geese, 4 ducks & 20 some odd chickens. I know that seems a lot for a newbie, but our family is always large with members of other species. We have 3 dogs, 6 cats, 4 snakes, 5 rats, some fish, some insects & have rehabbed various wild critters over the years.
We have several different breeds of chickens, 2 silkies, a bantam cochin(came as a sister w/1 of the silkies-they were rehomes), several Ameracauna or auracaunas of different colors, black australorp, blue australorp speckled Sussex(?), barred rocks, a dark brahma & several others we have yet to figure out(could really use some help with that🤣).
I am so in love with all our birds, all the different personalities & funny antics...& as a former vegan, caring for the animals that provide my family's food is important to me, though I still don't know if I could ever wilfully kill a healthy creature just to fill my belly, we sure do love eggs! & the plan is to, eventually, grow & raise all our own food.
Being self sustainable, in all aspects, in our own safe little space, is the dream. Striving to get as close as possible.
Over the last few months, I have found byc to be a massive wealth of information & spent many hours reading the forums. I honestly don't know what had taken me so long to just sign up... But if I wish to ever engage, gotta have the membership, haha, again, thanks for having me. . . ☮ ♡ ☥ ☯ ॐ

Back
Top Bottom