Greetings

CarySmart33

Hatching
Feb 20, 2020
Hello All. My name is Cary.
I learned about this group by googling questions about chickens and many times came across helpful information here. I have had chickens about 5 years. I have had a mix of common layer varieties as well as specialty birds like cochins, silkies, polish etc. Right now I have 12 adult chickens and seven 2 day old Silkies. There are 6 Layer eggs in the incubator ready to hatch in 2-3 days. I really enjoy the hatching period whether under a broody hen or in the incubator. I like to keep no more than 20-25 at one time. We have 2 acres and also have 5 fainting goats. 2 are pregnant and due the first part of April. That is another fun thing I enjoy. Breeding and all that goes into preparing for the arrival of kids is so fulfilling and exciting. I also have a large garden where I keep veggies going year round. We have 3 grandchildren, 2 boys and a girl and are very involved with them and love the influence that living in the country offers them. Learning how food grows, and taking care of animals has so much value for our young ones in their development. I look forward to reading more posts and learning from the collective knowledge posted here.
Cary

Back
Top Bottom