Greetings!

Heidi7197

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2020
Hi! My name is Heidi and our neighbors moved and were looking to rehome their chickens over a year ago. That’s how we fell in love with these dinosaurs. I have no idea what breed they were — just love and eggs. I enjoy them and some enjoy clicker training. After losing a few (one via a bald eagle) and down to one — my husband decided we should get some more ... to keep Ruth company. 😏 I wasn’t expecting six more. We were expecting pullets. HA!

He had no idea what 2 breeds he picked up, but the naked necks were easy to ID and the brown or light brown Leghorns as chicks.

Who knows what they are other than spoiled, unique and great fun. It’s much cheaper to buy eggs — but this has been a fun ride that we both enjoy.

I have found a lot of good information on this forum and it was simply time to join.
6B1776ED-5582-4206-9CDD-C275085CA413.jpeg

Beautiful photo of those adorable faces! Glad to hear Ruth has new flockmates. I've never tried clicker training, The only thing my girls respond to is me yelling, "Grapes," or the sound of the lid coming off the garbage can where their food is stored.

Yes, it's cheaper to buy eggs, but going to the grocery isn't nearly as much fun or nearly as entertaining as life with chickens.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you're here!!

Back
Top Bottom