1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jaimerox, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Jaimerox

Jaimerox New Egg

Jan 27, 2013
    Calais, Maine
    Hey, I'm Jaime and it's good to finally have joined BYC. I've used this site as a guide from the day we made our incubator all the way through our hens' growth.

Okay about me:

I live with my wonderful and animal loving wife. I have hobbies but no real passion for anything(just keeping it real). I do music: composing/singing/instruments/engineering/post production. I start to write books that I never finish. I love to game and if anyone here owns a PS3 and would like to add me my PSN is abbrakadaver.(also the name of my one person band)

I was a one cat guy until I met Danielle and now I live with 2 dogs, 2 hens, 2 rats, a duck and a kitten. I never wanted so many pets, never wanted to farm or anything like that but I can't say no to D. c'est la vie.

Oh yeah, I'm disabled. Too many things to list there but since I am not defined by my disabilities, it doesn't matter anyway.

I love life. I realize that we only get this short window in time and then that's it. Though the world is at war and so many ugly atrocities are happening even now as I sit comfortably typing this, there is also so much beauty in the world. I feel honored to have met the people that I have and every new person I meet is an opportunity to share love and beauty.

I've lived a hard life. Homeless, abused, druggie(15 years clean yay!)hopelessness, attempted suicide at 28 and got revived in the ambulance, a divorce. Somehow I managed to retain a child like wonder towards the universe and everything in it. I quit smoking over a year and a half ago after about 17 years and I'm super proud of that.

I love my family. I love D's family. I love my friends. I love life. I don't take anything for granted because I have had to pull myself up from the very bottom. Along the way, I learned that it is good to accept a helping hand from people and to leave that other hand free to help someone else.

I see the connection of everything and am amazed. I don't care what color you are, what religion, political party, age or sexual orientation. You be kind to me and I'll be kind to you.

That's me in a nutshell. :)

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jamierox, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Love your joy and enthusiasm for life! Happy your life is in the right track after some rough times! Good luck to you and have fun on BYC!!

1 person likes this.
  3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Jaime, I like you! Welcome to BYC. I too am married to a woman to whom I can not say 'NO'. As a matter of fact yesterday we celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary. We need not be defined by the things that we have done/suffered, but should never forget them because they helped us to reach the point where we now stand.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jaimerox

Jaimerox New Egg

Jan 27, 2013
    Calais, Maine
    Congratulations on your 49th! And you are absolutely right about everything you wrote. I love your Signatures.

6. country chicks

country chicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013
    Hi from PA

7. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California! I love your outlook on life! Refreshing.

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by