Grey Mystery Chicks now 2 months old

JackieinYorktown

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
33999_grey_chick_2.jpg

33999_grey_chick_1.jpg

I'm in the same boat, I have two that look like that from Meyer, but can't ID them. I got a couple EE's and then a Heavy Brown Egg Layer Assortment, so mine shouldn't be a Blue Andalusian. I think they must be EE's since they don't look at all like any of the other breeds listed in the pack.
idunno.gif

The 4th pic down on this EE page on feathersite looks similar to them.

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Arau/BRKEaster.html

Last edited:
If it is truly a blue Andalusian, it should be fine for NY winters. I would hope if you received them from a hatchery they would be suitable for your climate. They have a tendency to be a little noicy. Hope this helps.

I have one that looks almost exactly like that one! I've been wondering the same thing. I have about decided that I'll have to wait and see what color eggs I get. She's about the same age as yours, but her comb and waddle aren't quite as pronounced yet.

ACK! Big scary hand!

51321_squirt.jpg

ACK! Headless chick!

51321_squirt_headless.jpg

You have blue Andalusians! They are beautiful birds with nice eggs. I had them in northern Michigan and they did just fine, treat them as you would any other hen, a warm place to sleep and no drafts, unfrozen water...

Breed index indicates that Andalusian is suitable for all climates. You mainly have to watch out for frostbite on the combs.

Back
Top Bottom