Grit size question - and a little cross-border rant

No, it won't break down...it's a mineral, like rock or sand...but it won't hurt anything as far as I know. I wouldn't dump a ton of it in there, but just the coated poops shouldn't be too much...depending on the overall volume of your compost pile.
I see. Frankly, my compost pile is not large, I use it mostly for aging the chicken poop, and grass from the lawn, and a few leaves once in a while. It's not really balanced, I just need somewhere to put the poop that the dogs can't get into. My true compost pile is the chicken run, that's where the majority of leaves go, along with some of the grass clippings, but the grass gets mostly eaten, so I don't put a in lot. My soil is heavy clay, so probably not a bad thing to have the zeolite in there.

Flipping the poop off the poop board into the bedding completely negates the point of the poop board, lol. The goal with a board is to keep the bedding as clean as possible.

Flipping the poop off the poop board into the bedding completely negates the point of the poop board, lol. The goal with a board is to keep the bedding as clean as possible.
Yeah I was thinking I was trying to compost and admit that this is what was confusing me about poop boards in general...Learning curves

Back
Top Bottom