GROGEL PLUS B

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by durtywater, Feb 24, 2009.

1. durtywater

durtywater Out Of The Brooder

hey fellow bycers...my ? was about the grogel plus b...i got it for my 50 rirs to be here the 6th of march...do i get give them that stuff first and let them pick at it for a while or go ahead and have the chick starter and water n there too...also the pack i got is for 100 chicks.....can i give it all to the 50 or just give them half of it they it says.......and if i just give them half will the other half be bad and no good ,,,thanks for the info.......

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I had food and water available as soon as my chicks arrived. As I took each one out of the shipping box, I dipped their beak in the water and then set the chick down in the feed trough.
    I mixed up half the gro-gel for 25 chicks, but they had no interest in it. The other half of the package I kept on hand for awhile, in case of a weak chick, but never used it.

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i've tried that stuff on every hatchling and new chick i've had, and no one seems to want it. They all go straight for the chick feed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  4. durtywater

durtywater Out Of The Brooder

thanks airheart43 and gritsar for ur responses......i will give them both to choose from n e way........i have pics when they get here....thanks again:thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by