Grogel, save a chick, nurti drench

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Slaphappy, May 20, 2019.

1. Slaphappy

Slaphappy Chirping

Dec 30, 2018
    Chicago Illinois
    First time with chicks. They are arriving the next couple days. I have grogel, save a chick , and nutri drench. Any advise on what to use and what I should skip?

2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Free Ranging

Use the nutri drench and direct dose any in need or all if you like... and put the save a chick in the water... using the nutri drench as needed for any not responding. It's a superior product that contains amino acids in addition to the vitamins and minerals. It doesn't have electrolytes though which could be beneficial for shipped chicks who might be suffering from dehydration.

Crushing the feed crumbles extra increased my survival rate.

I am completely unfamiliar with grow gel and think its' place is IN shipping.. but I learn something new everyday if I can. :)

:fl

3. Acre4Me

Acre4Me Crowing

Nov 12, 2017
    Western Ohio
    Like @EggSighted4Life says, nutrition drench direct dose. We use a clean toothpick for each chick, get a drop on it and then get it into their mouth. Have fresh plain water in a small container and dip their beak so they can drink. Mix up the electrolyte in a gallon, can store in fridge for 1 or 2 days (will say on label). Always offer plain water too. Grow gel is nice bc they eat it and is boost for them - might be like nutridrench in that respect. I’ve only used it once for meat chix and they loved it!

Good luck! Enjoy the chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: