Ground Almonds ?? Yummy recipes in here :)

Quote:
Thanks so much!
frow.gif

Quote:
Do I have to do anything special if I want to eliminate the chocolate? Not a big fan of chocolate cake.

I've never used this recipe to make anything other than a chocolate cake...but if your looking for a recipe to convert to using almond flour just remember to use only part almond flour and part real flour. Say a recipe calls for 2 cups of all purpose flour you can sub 1 cup of all purpose flour and replace the other cup with 2 cups of almond flour.

In other words you need 2 cups of almond flour to replace 1 cup of all purpose flour.

Quote:
Do I have to do anything special if I want to eliminate the chocolate? Not a big fan of chocolate cake.

I've never used this recipe to make anything other than a chocolate cake...but if your looking for a recipe to convert to using almond flour just remember to use only part almond flour and part real flour. Say a recipe calls for 2 cups of all purpose flour you can sub 1 cup of all purpose flour and replace the other cup with 2 cups of almond flour.

In other words you need 2 cups of almond flour to replace 1 cup of all purpose flour.

That is very helpful, thanks so much!

Let us know what you made and how it turned out...I might want your recipe. I usually buy 25 pounds of almond flour a year and bag it up and keep it in my freezer. I get a really big price break ordering it that way, it will last me a year and I love it in muffins, cakes and so on.

Quote:
I have a coffee cake in the oven at the moment and I'll let you know how it turns out. The almond flour is a bit gritty so I don't know how it will affect the cake.
I used 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of almond flour instead of 1.5 cups of flour. I'm going to post this coffee cake as it's a simple but yummy cake that I've been baking for at least 30 years. Yikes!
th.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I have a coffee cake in the oven at the moment and I'll let you know how it turns out. The almond flour is a bit gritty so I don't know how it will affect the cake.
I used 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of almond flour instead of 1.5 cups of flour. I'm going to post this coffee cake as it's a simple but yummy cake that I've been baking for at least 30 years. Yikes!
th.gif

I would love to have the recipe...I use almond flour a lot. I'm diabetic and it helps me to cut the carbs in baked goods so that I can actually eat them. The almond flour that I buy is very finely ground and my non diabetic family love the things I make with it. The like my almond flour cornbread better than the old recipe.

Golden Corn Bread

3 cups almond flour
2/3 cup corn meal
1/3 cup Splenda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup milk

Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven and the skillet to 425°

Mix the dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle. Add oil, eggs, and milk in the well and mix with a wire whisk. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to give the ingredients time to hydrate.

Take the hot skillet out of the oven and place it on the stove over high heat. Put just enough oil in the skillet to swish it around good and heat the oil. Pour the batter into the hot pan and place it in the oven and bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

AlmondFlourCornbread006small.png

cornbread001.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
th.gif

I would love to have the recipe...I use almond flour a lot. I'm diabetic and it helps me to cut the carbs in baked goods so that I can actually eat them. The almond flour that I buy is very finely ground and my non diabetic family love the things I make with it. The like my almond flour cornbread better than the old recipe.

Golden Corn Bread

3 cups almond flour
2/3 cup corn meal
1/3 cup Splenda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup milk

Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven and the skillet to 425°

Mix the dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle. Add oil, eggs, and milk in the well and mix with a wire whisk. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to give the ingredients time to hydrate.

Take the hot skillet out of the oven and place it on the stove over high heat. Put just enough oil in the skillet to swish it around good and heat the oil. Pour the batter into the hot pan and place it in the oven and bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww88/TheChickenLady/AlmondFlourCornbread006small.png

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww88/TheChickenLady/cornbread001.jpg

That looks great! Can't wait to try it.
I changed computers and don't have my old program for uploading pics from my camera but I will post the recipe tomorrow with or without pics. I used my food proc. to grind the almonds (with skins intact) and it's still a bit gritty, don't know how it should be as I've never had prepackaged A.flour. The coffee cake turned out well but I think I needed a little more reg. flour as it was not as sturdy as the recipe without A.flour. It was more like a reg cake... a little crumbly but very tasty.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to getting the recipe.

Here is another recipe that my family really loves...they like the almond flour version better than the regular one.

Carrot Cake

Cake:
4 cups almond flour – scooped
2 cups sugar free sweetener
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2-teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/2-teaspoon ground ginger
1/4-teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoons vanilla
1/4-cup oil
4 eggs
1/2-cup sour cream
1/2 pound frozen carrots – thawed and finely chopped - if you use fresh carrots increase sour cream to 3/4 cup.
1 cup chopped pecans

Frosting:
1/4-cup butter – softened
8 ounces cream cheese – softened
1 teaspoons vanilla
Sweetener to taste

Preheat oven to 350° Spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir well.

Beat the eggs with the oil and the vanilla…add to the dry ingredients along with the sour cream and mix well. Stir in carrots and pecans. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean and cake is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven to a wire rack and cool completely.

To Make Frosting:
Combine ingredients and beat with a wire whisk until smooth. Sweeten to taste and frost cake.
CarrotCake001small.png

I'm late, I know but I have my son here on vacation from the Yukon and I have to cook and clean on schedule.
hu.gif
I'm not used to that anymore lol.
I've printed off your recipes to be tryed out when I get organized which might be in a week or so.

Well here's the recipe for the coffee cake:

Sour Cream Coffee Cake:
Spray a tube pan - Set oven to 350 degrees - Bake for about 40 minutes

1 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Baking Soda

1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup of Butter
2 Eggs
1 & 1/2 Cups of flour (you can sub. the Almond Flour)
1 & 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt

Topping
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Add bakind soda to sour cream for 10 minutes
Cream butter, sugar and eggs
Mix flour, baking powder and salt together
Alternate flour mixture with sour cream mixing lightly
Pour half the batter into the tube pan and sprinkle half the topping
Pour the rest of the batter and top with the rest of topping

041.jpg