Groundhogs?

tressiah

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 28, 2008
Beecher, Il
Ok, I have a family of Groundhogs living under my barn, and My chicken house is inside the barn, Concrete floor, double latched, do I need to worry about the groundhogs ? I watch them come out into the yard, and play, the donkey ignores them , I haven't had any trouble yet, but don't want the problem to get to that point !
Advise please:/
PS Feed is locked up as well !
Thanks!

Thanks !
big_smile.png

The holes are a bit of a nuisance, but I can tolerate that just by watching the little varmints playing in the yard !

Our chickens will kill groundhogs...they are not meat eaters so nothing to worry about.
big_smile.png
Those things are the least of your worries with the chickens...now they may cause MANY holes under your shed floor though! Our floor collapsed so we had to remove them and rehome them in the wild.

WOW I just seen the thread before mine...that is shocking that one tried to kill the bantam. My bantams run around all over and they always run from them like the mice do.

Last edited:
hey, are we referring to the same animal by different names ?
These ground hogs look like overgrown hamsters, with brown hair, Mama & at least 2-3 babies. I thought woodchucks were more live in the wild eat tree bark & leaves stuff !
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they are the same
hmm.png

I would be worried about you Mule stepping a hole and breaking its leg , my mother has broken her ankle stepping in one of them .. Also had a barn fall iin from there lil tunnels..

Back
Top Bottom