GROUP PROJECT - Help Us Rate & Discover the Best BYC Member Pages!

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
-------------- UPDATE --------------
Project has been completed, thanks everybody!
---------------------------------------

About a month into the re-launch of BYC back in 2007 we realized our members wanted more ways to share their knowledge and pictures with the world so we created the BYC Page Creation Tool.

Well, over the past few years there have been THOUSANDS of pages created by our members ! Some of these have been submitted to our chicken coop design section , but there are many fantastic pages that don't have a home yet.
sad.png

This is where you come in
big_smile.png
We need your help in helping us discover and rate these pages. It should be a fun project since you'll randomly shown one of the pages designed by a fellow BYC member.

Not only will the project be fun, but we'll also be giving out free GFMs to the members that help us out the most.
smile.png

We're using a great service called Crowdflower that allows us to manage, serve, and keep track of all the reviews.

NOTE: The main goal is for the members to quickly view the pages and help us determine if they should be added to various parts of the BYC Learning Center. I went through a bunch myself and found that once the page is loaded, it shouldn't take more than about 10 - 20 seconds to review the page (unless you get stuck on a page you find interesting and want to read the whole thing
wink.png
) and then maybe another 10 - 20 seconds to answer the questions.

Here is what we'd like you to do:

1) Click on (link removed, project all done!)
2) Enter your email address (this is just to make sure you don't get the same page more than once)
3) You'll be given a page with a handful of links to BYC Pages.
4) Visit the pages linked to from the form, answer the questions, submit your answers.

This is going to be a big project, but once we get enough submissions the crowdflower system will tell us that the job / project is completed!

Any problems, questions, or suggestions, post them here!

Have fun!!!

bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

So, here's the first question. I click the link, It opens a members page...now am I rating that one page only or am I supposed to be clicking on each page (of that member) available and rating them as a collection?

eta: I hope that makes sense...

Last edited:
That was easy. JenEric...it's just rating 4 pages per assignment. It took me about 12 minutes to read/look over/rate the four pages on my first assignment.

Great question! Just rate that one page that is linked to from within the form.

Cindiloohoo, you may be spending too much time having fun reading the pages.
smile.png
You should be able to tell really quickly if it is something we should consider adding to the Learning Center or not. (of course, if you find a fun page that you get stuck reading... that's your problem! )
wink.png

Quote:
Hey, some of them birdies are CUTE! I can't help it
lol.png
wink.png
It is fun to see how everyone does the pages. I could blast through, but where's the fun in that?!?! Also, I am looking for helpful links within the page, I almost missed the first one because I thought it just looked like a personal page, but they had some great links within the text to brooder, and coop designs!

ETA: I just finished 3 tasks, put the whip away Nifty
lau.gif

Last edited:
Amazing!

With just the handful of pages that have been reviewed, y'all have dug up some great coop pages that hadn't been added to the coop design section, and some other really good info pages!

Great job!!

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom