Grow Getters & Mad Potters (Gardening Thread)

Would you like to be part of a seed exchange?

• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Wondering if the white kernels need more heat? Sometimes I do the popcorn in olive oil on the stove and it makes it super yummy 😂 darn oil lol
I make clarified butter and pour over it once it is popped. I prefer the air popper because I always burn the popcorn otherwise, never burnt any in the air popper. I don't care about the health benefits... just not stinking up the house!

I make clarified butter and pour over it once it is popped. I prefer the air popper because I always burn the popcorn otherwise, never burnt any in the air popper. I don't care about the health benefits... just not stinking up the house!
Haha I use oil to cook instead of butter since dairy makes my stomach turn 🤢 My husband loves butter on his air popped popcorn. He does unsalted Irish butter then sprinkles on pink salt

Haha I use oil to cook instead of butter since dairy makes my stomach turn 🤢 My husband loves butter on his air popped popcorn. He does unsalted Irish butter then sprinkles on pink salt
I'm using salted butter right now because that's what my husband bought... but I think I'll use unsalted in the future, when you clarify it, it seems like all of the salt comes out with the solids so no point in doing salted butter...

I have started (just barely) breaking ground for my cattle pannel squash bed.

Has anyone tried straw bale gardening with hay? I don't have straw but I do have some year old hay. I understand it will grow weeds, that's ok with me, but would there be other issues I'm not thinking about? It should heat up and compost pretty well if you get it good and wet. May not even need to add nitrogen since it's grass not straw stalks, more green stuff.

I have started (just barely) breaking ground for my cattle pannel squash bed.

Has anyone tried straw bale gardening with hay? I don't have straw but I do have some year old hay. I understand it will grow weeds, that's ok with me, but would there be other issues I'm not thinking about? It should heat up and compost pretty well if you get it good and wet. May not even need to add nitrogen since it's grass not straw stalks, more green stuff.
I haven’t but my friend does potatoes in hay so she doesn’t have to deal with dirty potatoes

A guy that my husband works with (the guy is a science, or something like that, teacher that is big into gardening) strongly recommends straw bale gardening but does not recommend hay.
Straw has a film on it that doesn’t let it decompose fast from what I experience. Straw doesn’t suck up moisture that’s why people use it in nesting boxes, but it takes forever to decompose from what I remember.

Hay is easier and decomposes that’s what we use in our beds with bunny 💩 But maybe it’s just the straw I was using.

Back
Top Bottom