Grow Getters & Mad Potters (Gardening Thread)

Would you like to be part of a seed exchange?

• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Pics

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
A place for all gardeners whether its potted, above ground, inground, indoors, or anywhere you can plant 🌻🍓🍅🍎🥕🥔

Have fun with this thread and let it grow like the seeds we sow...

Best part about gardening is you learn each and every day something new or a lesson to use for the next time...

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. – Janet Kilburn Phillips

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. – Alfred Austin

My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece. – Claude Monet

I like gardening. It’s a place where I find myself when I need to lose myself. – Alice Sebold

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors. – Mary Cantwell

Important Links:

Vegetable MD Online

Gardening Youtube Channel Links:

Roots and Refuge Farm

Justin Rhodes

The Gardening Channel

Epic Gardening

White House on the Hill

Gardening with Leon

Last edited:
I am new to gardening. So far I have tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, herbs, collards, and a few other things growing.

We have harvested some tomatoes (grape), cucumbers, and zucchini.

I love to learn new tips and tricks from other gardeners. We have started composting this year and we are planning an inground garden with approval.

@SnapdragonQ we can continue the rabbit poop talk here 😂 I’m sure the hatch thread is wondering how we even got on that topic...

But my yellow pepper has leaf curling, it was before I did anything. It does have small teeny tiny peppers now. I almost just pulled it though because I’m frustrated with it 😂

All my peppers seem to be late on growing or maybe I just never had a successful garden so no idea on when they start producing.

And can you tell me what’s good to start planting in August? We are thinking of doing inground if possible.

Don’t pull the peppers! Some of mine are yellow too but they still grow, oddly haha

And I think they just take longer than some other stuff. Plus peppers like it very warm and they are also very thirsty plants so make sure they are getting enough water. They like lots 😂🤣

August is still pretty hot for you, right? But I would think you could get a headstart on some of the fall/cool weather crops like maybe kale, broccoli, carrots, and that stuff. I think peas can be fall too?

You could even plant pumpkins in July or August and have them for Halloween. :lau

Don’t pull the peppers! Some of mine are yellow too but they still grow, oddly haha

And I think they just take longer than some other stuff. Plus peppers like it very warm and they are also very thirsty plants so make sure they are getting enough water. They like lots 😂🤣

August is still pretty hot for you, right? But I would think you could get a headstart on some of the fall/cool weather crops like maybe kale, broccoli, carrots, and that stuff. I think peas can be fall too?

You could even plant pumpkins in July or August and have them for Halloween. :lau
No the pepper plants aren't yellow LOL the peppers it grows are :lau

August is still pretty warm and so isn't September like in the 80s and high 70s. But August it is still in the 90s mostly.

I will get those seeds out and wait impatiently to plant them. Everything I do is from seed at this point because I do not have a greenhouse or anywhere with good light (our house is awful for lighting) to start plants.

My Gypsy and Cubanella are growing great. I just think that they yellow pepper one is just blah, I think I got it from TSC. I do not remember...

I am hoping to till a huge part of the sunny side of the house and do a garden. I am just waiting for the okay to do it. If I do not get the okay, I am going to build above ground beds.

No the pepper plants aren't yellow LOL the peppers it grows are :lau

August is still pretty warm and so isn't September like in the 80s and high 70s. But August it is still in the 90s mostly.

I will get those seeds out and wait impatiently to plant them. Everything I do is from seed at this point because I do not have a greenhouse or anywhere with good light (our house is awful for lighting) to start plants.

My Gypsy and Cubanella are growing great. I just think that they yellow pepper one is just blah, I think I got it from TSC. I do not remember...

I am hoping to till a huge part of the sunny side of the house and do a garden. I am just waiting for the okay to do it. If I do not get the okay, I am going to build above ground beds.
Ohhhh okay! Whoops hahah well some pepper varieties are different colors. My shishitos were yellow hahah

And that makes sense! I had to commandeer the dining room table lol we only have a couple spots sunny enough.

And that sounds amazing!! I made a pretty huge one this year but then I didn’t plant much 😂🤣🙈🙈:oops:

I had all these grand plans too but :confused:

And I am not sure on the pumpkins... I do have seeds for them. If we can do inground I will do them because the birds love them and the dogs.
Mine like took over the yard 😂🤣 so might be good to try a trellis or put in an area where you don’t mind lol but it was a lot of fun growing them!!!

Ohhhh okay! Whoops hahah well some pepper varieties are different colors. My shishitos were yellow hahah

And that makes sense! I had to commandeer the dining room table lol we only have a couple spots sunny enough.

And that sounds amazing!! I made a pretty huge one this year but then I didn’t plant much 😂🤣🙈🙈:oops:

I had all these grand plans too but :confused:
Is there still time for you to plant more?

I have a lot of cherry tomatoes that I want to put into the inground garden or make another above ground garden. Plus some of my tomatoes have little plants that came in the pot with them that would make excellent tomato plants if they were plucked and put by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom