Growing Blobs???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by iluvsedward, Oct 22, 2010.

1. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    I am incubating eggs, but when I candle them it just looks like blobs growing on the yolk, but I don't see veins or an eye, like I did in my previous hatch. they seem to be getting bigger but they are round. could it be my candle flashlight is not bright enough? it is a really big mag-light I honestly have no idea why they are like this [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
  2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    How long have the eggs been in the 'bator for?

3. iluvsedward

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    [​IMG] i dont know, I have been collecting all the eggs every day and putting them in, i think the oldest is about 10-7 days [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
  5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    When I incubate my own chicken eggs, I always fire-up the incubator and get it the right temp then I put what ever eggs I get that day in there. That way they're the freshest. [​IMG]

6. iluvsedward

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    Ok, now I found my flashlight and candled the oldest one first and was SHOCKED to see a 4-5 day old embryo with veins sticking out in all directions! ok, so first a blob grows and grows on the yolk, than EXPLODES into a embryo??!?!?!? I am soooo bewildered! [​IMG] but happy too [​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Woohoo! [​IMG]

8. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I had an egg with 2 blobs in it and broke it open after I realised it wasn't developing further and it looked like mold so if you see the blob 1 again keep your eyes on it.

9. iluvsedward

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    well no, it was sorta like there was a blob growing on the yolk until it was as big as the yolk, than turned into a embyro with veins, but now I am worried because the airsack is very big [​IMG]

10. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Really try not to worry... I seem to do everything wrong (according to a lot of posts on BYC) [​IMG] ... and almost always things turn out just fine. [​IMG] Worry is only useful if it is something that you can do something about and the worry prompts you to do it. [​IMG] Can you do anything about a large air-sack? [​IMG] Try and just enjoy and learn. It really is a lot of fun! [​IMG] You will really enjoy your babies! [​IMG] good luck! [​IMG]

Oh... and after seeing your signature... a really good thing to do is PRAY!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by