Growing Blobs???

iluvsedward

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 19, 2010
Calvert County MD
I am incubating eggs, but when I candle them it just looks like blobs growing on the yolk, but I don't see veins or an eye, like I did in my previous hatch. they seem to be getting bigger but they are round. could it be my candle flashlight is not bright enough? it is a really big mag-light I honestly have no idea why they are like this
idunno.gif
hu.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
When I incubate my own chicken eggs, I always fire-up the incubator and get it the right temp then I put what ever eggs I get that day in there. That way they're the freshest.
smile.png

Ok, now I found my flashlight and candled the oldest one first and was SHOCKED to see a 4-5 day old embryo with veins sticking out in all directions! ok, so first a blob grows and grows on the yolk, than EXPLODES into a embryo??!?!?!? I am soooo bewildered!
barnie.gif
but happy too
big_smile.png

I had an egg with 2 blobs in it and broke it open after I realised it wasn't developing further and it looked like mold so if you see the blob 1 again keep your eyes on it.

well no, it was sorta like there was a blob growing on the yolk until it was as big as the yolk, than turned into a embyro with veins, but now I am worried because the airsack is very big
hmm.png

Really try not to worry... I seem to do everything wrong (according to a lot of posts on BYC)
hmm.png
... and almost always things turn out just fine.
smile.png
Worry is only useful if it is something that you can do something about and the worry prompts you to do it.
old.gif
Can you do anything about a large air-sack?
roll.png
Try and just enjoy and learn. It really is a lot of fun!
celebrate.gif
You will really enjoy your babies!
love.gif
good luck!
frow.gif

Oh... and after seeing your signature... a really good thing to do is PRAY!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom