Growing fodder for chickens

I tried this many times over the summer (I grew indoors so that it wasn't too hot) but I kept getting mold. I would rinse in bleach and still get mold. Then I waited and tried again once the temperatures cooled. Still got mold. And I'm in Vegas where there is almost no humidity UGH! So frustrating. I was using wheat and just purchased some barley to see if that makes a difference. Hopefully it does, but if not, any suggestions?

Quote: Yes it's draining pretty well. Would you still recommend a fan even if I have it outside? That should be good air flow, shouldn't it?

Thankd. I have over 100 ladies and can definitely use a decrease in my feed bill. What would be recommended fodder and feed wise?

Love this! We also grow it for our dogs and cats! Believe it or not, they love it! It's pretty funny..we will call everyone into the kitchen when we put a new flat down..most of the time they share, but sometimes they have to wait their turn.
smile.png

You're growing wheat? Did you soak it 24 hours with a rinse and re submerge at about the half way point? Then risen thoroughly and drain completely. Then rinse at least twice per day, morning and evening again always completely draining?

Without covering the seed with anything?

Back
Top Bottom