Growing fodder for chickens

Pics
The whole 7/day 3-4/day nutritional content debate has me thinking. I've read elsewhere that hauling grass clippings into the chicken run is good bedding and good fun for them. I don't want to deal with impacted crops, either, but want the best nutrition. So this morning I "mowed" my fodder with a scissors. I'm only working on a small-scale and I realize this isn't realistic for every day (though it didn't take long). It's an easy fix for those times when it looks like it grew too long and might cause crop issues. And it was kinda fun.
wink.png

Today the ladies will get a coop-cleaning. I like hanging out with them. I'll clean my coop, too. Not as fun, but then again people seem to know where to go potty in the house. I don't know why I enjoy those chickens so much, but they sure are fun for me. I can't imagine how much fun it will be to finally find an actual EGG!
lau.gif

Carol

The whole 7/day 3-4/day nutritional content debate has me thinking. I've read elsewhere that hauling grass clippings into the chicken run is good bedding and good fun for them. I don't want to deal with impacted crops, either, but want the best nutrition. So this morning I "mowed" my fodder with a scissors. I'm only working on a small-scale and I realize this isn't realistic for every day (though it didn't take long). It's an easy fix for those times when it looks like it grew too long and might cause crop issues. And it was kinda fun. ;)

Today the ladies will get a coop-cleaning. I like hanging out with them. I'll clean my coop, too. Not as fun, but then again people seem to know where to go potty in the house. I don't know why I enjoy those chickens so much, but they sure are fun for me. I can't imagine how much fun it will be to finally find an actual EGG! :lau
Carol

It's like Christmas morning! Lol

I too was worried about impacted crops! I told my husband I was going to take my immersion blender and weed eat my fodder!!!
wink.png

The whole 7/day 3-4/day nutritional content debate has me thinking. I've read elsewhere that hauling grass clippings into the chicken run is good bedding and good fun for them. I don't want to deal with impacted crops, either, but want the best nutrition. So this morning I "mowed" my fodder with a scissors. I'm only working on a small-scale and I realize this isn't realistic for every day (though it didn't take long). It's an easy fix for those times when it looks like it grew too long and might cause crop issues. And it was kinda fun.
wink.png

Today the ladies will get a coop-cleaning. I like hanging out with them. I'll clean my coop, too. Not as fun, but then again people seem to know where to go potty in the house. I don't know why I enjoy those chickens so much, but they sure are fun for me. I can't imagine how much fun it will be to finally find an actual EGG!
lau.gif

Carol

wink.png

lau.gif

Carol
HI, It's just like being a little kid and getting something
you always wanted.
Mary Grace.

Hi,
This is the kiddie pool with the 32 fancies. The water and food
was hung from a cross wood on top of the foldable fence.
and the little one is the Japanese bantam.

Mary Grace.

Back
Top Bottom