Growing fodder for chickens

I showed my dad it was growing
He rubbed his chin and said "just looks like worms to me"

Haha, yes, but chickens love worms and anything that looks like worms, so its perfect! I have a grazing frame in the run and when one of the chickens happens to pull up a grass from the root, they all run after her trying to get the 'worm'. It is really funny.

I am glad your sprouts have starting to sprout now. Some seeds take longer than others. I found that wheat sprouts faster than barley, and barley sprouts faster than peas, and my pumpkin seeds have not sprouted at all(?) Experimenting is the best way to find what sprouts best in your set up. I prefer wheat, but still experiment with other things when I see anything that looks like a seed, lol. I think its kind of fun, and this fall when my grazing frame grasses start to die off, I will be a pro at growing fodder indoors.

Thanks Chicken Lady. I saw your blog. Thanks. Simple directions. :)

I think I understand the process... of fermented feed, that is. Just not sure what to ferment. LOL

I have a health food store near me, I will try there. I guess I just don't understand what you ferment. The wheat... is it whole seeds? Or ground wheat... which I guess would be flour.

Back
Top Bottom