Growing my little flock

Pics
Aaaaaahhhh they've got amazing fluffy little Ameraucana pullets at a local feed shop. THOSE LITTLE FUZZY CHEEKS. Darn you NY and your stupid minimum 6 chicks law...6 is just too many right now. While it was very hard to leave with just the potting soil I came in for, I do not need that many more hens...but man being responsible is depressing lol.

Aaaaaahhhh they've got amazing fluffy little Ameraucana pullets at a local feed shop. THOSE LITTLE FUZZY CHEEKS. Darn you NY and your stupid minimum 6 chicks law...6 is just too many right now. While it was very hard to leave with just the potting soil I came in for, I do not need that many more hens...but man being responsible is depressing lol.
Oh wow, that is a pretty high miminum! Would you be able to find someone to split them with you? Or grow them out for a few weeks and sell a couple? Not that it is easy to let them go once you're attached to them :hit our minimum here is 4 at TSC, the maximum set by my hubby is 0 😕 ok, maybe I hatched out a few too many eggs already this year, but un my defenceman, about 30 of those chicks are hubby's and not mine so they shouldn't count 🤣

Last edited:
Oh wow, that is a pretty high miminum! Would you be able to find someone to split them with you? Or grow them out for a few weeks and sell a couple? Not that it is easy to let them go once you're attached to them :hit our minimum here is 4 at TSC, the maximum set by my hubby is 0 😕 ok, maybe I hatched out a few too many eggs already this year, but un my defenceman, about 30 of those chicks are hubby's and not mine so they shouldn't count 🤣
Yeah the 6 chick thing here is kind of baffling given the minimums elsewhere. It’s high even for the heat-in-transit argument. Makes it quite hard for folks in more suburban areas with a 4 hen max. I haven’t been able to part with a single cockerel so I think my chances of being able to part with a pullet are even smaller!

Yeah the 6 chick thing here is kind of baffling given the minimums elsewhere. It’s high even for the heat-in-transit argument. Makes it quite hard for folks in more suburban areas with a 4 hen max. I haven’t been able to part with a single cockerel so I think my chances of being able to part with a pullet are even smaller!
I understand that 100% 😊

Back
Top Bottom