Growling chicken

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
My hen, cinnamon, was not too happy about Paprika, Salt and Pepper kicking her off her nest, she stood there yelling until I came out then she went and hid, and I haven’t been able to find her nest so I followed her, she put it where I’d never think to find it, under the back deck behind our new tires, when she saw me she started growling, kind of like a gargling snake or a raptor.

Attachments

• 6066A993-7838-4DEE-9524-A340F92D1F0C.png
    6066A993-7838-4DEE-9524-A340F92D1F0C.png
    868 KB · Views: 14
Did she poof up as well? You've got a broody hen on your hands. If you want her to hatch eggs, allow her to sit on her current eggs if you have a rooster, or find her some fertile eggs from neighbors, or even ordering some fun breeds from Ebay would work. Allow her to sit on fake eggs for a few days until the fertile ones arrive if thats the case.
If you don't want her to sit, kick her off the nest and steal her eggs. placing ice cubes in her nest should discourage her, or placing her in a wire crate raised off the ground to stir can flow beneath her for 48 hours should break her.

Did she poof up as well? You've got a broody hen on your hands. If you want her to hatch eggs, allow her to sit on her current eggs if you have a rooster, or find her some fertile eggs from neighbors, or even ordering some fun breeds from Ebay would work. Allow her to sit on fake eggs for a few days until the fertile ones arrive if thats the case.
If you don't want her to sit, kick her off the nest and steal her eggs. placing ice cubes in her nest should discourage her, or placing her in a wire crate raised off the ground to stir can flow beneath her for 48 hours should break her.
My rooster isn’t old enough yet, I’d love to let her hatch little mutt chicks once he’s fully grown, i might be able to get a fertile egg from my neighbor but it’s getting a bit too cold and we have dogs, they’re all free range and in Alaska the temperature is starting to drop, but I’ll try it anyways, I think she’d be a great mom.

Back
Top Bottom