Growth or Something on Foot

Very welcome. If it doesn't "pop" after today's soak, soak it again tomorrow and see if you can get it to "pop". If it doesn't pop after a bath or two, we can revisit the notion of surgery, either by a vet or done at home.

After I soaked it in epsom salt water, it fell off.
5.jpg

You may want to squeeze it a bit to see if any pus comes out. When I have cut one on the top of the foot, I have gotten more of a liquid than solid pus. But when doing sugery on the footpad, there is usually a solid core of hard pus. Other possible ways of treating bumblefoot are daily soaks, using PRID, a drawing salve, applying a dressing of betadine and sugar for several days, using a fish product called Tricide Neo, surgery, or antibiotics. Here is another link to read about treatments:
https://www.tillysnest.com/2015/12/non-surgical-bumblefoot-treatment-html/

I'd definitely keep an eye on it, and be careful to keep it covered obviously. The other hard spot could be another core forming, but if that's the case you'll probably have to wait for it to look a little more like the first one for anything to happen like the first one. You got very lucky with apparently a very easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom