Growth Pictures of 2 Purebred Mille Fleur d'Uccle Pullets

Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of Macklemore, the other chick. She really dislikes being held and is the runt, so I didn't want to stress her too much.

Yeah they are pretty hard to hatch too I have heard. But you did good did you have to help them hatch?
Nope! Margot went full steam ahead and was out from the shell in 10 minutes from when she started zipping. Macklemore hatched while we were asleep! I actually hatched them for a science project, comparing hatch rates if the eggs were sanitized with hydrogen peroxide prior to setting them in the incubator. Macklemore, the runt, was a sanitized egg. Margot wasn't a sanitized egg, and she's a lot bigger/more feathered out/more vocal then Macklemore.

Nope! Margot went full steam ahead and was out from the shell in 10 minutes from when she started zipping. Macklemore hatched while we were asleep! I actually hatched them for a science project, comparing hatch rates if the eggs were sanitized with hydrogen peroxide prior to setting them in the incubator. Macklemore, the runt, was a sanitized egg. Margot wasn't a sanitized egg, and she's a lot bigger/more feathered out/more vocal then Macklemore.
Thats rleally good because usually they have problems where their legs are so short getting out of the shell

Here are the babies today! 59 days old. They're so little! For reference, I am a US shoe size 6 :lau
20210622_130142.jpg

Back
Top Bottom