Grr...

Ec_Prokta

Continuum Shift Anomaly
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Ok, so we got one of my 'friend's sisters to come over and help us clean up. Sound good, right? Guess what. She (without telling me) brings her UNTRAINED puppy over. Now Dad is allergic, Brendan (Bro1) is shy around them, and I am scared of them. (Bad memory of a big dog jumping on me and his owner never called him off)

*sigh*

Quote:
Just ask her not to bring it next time. If the puppy is small she might have thought that she could both socialize it and help you at the same time. I think just talking to her about your dad's allergies will solve the problem.

Quote:
Just ask her not to bring it next time. If the puppy is small she might have thought that she could both socialize it and help you at the same time. I think just talking to her about your dad's allergies will solve the problem.

X2

Hi PK, best bet is to tell everone Dad is allergic and doesn't need any challenges to his already fragile health. And if they show up again, thank them kindly and say sorry, no dogs.

hugs.gif

My DH's best friend's wife (who is a weirdo) wanted to bring her puppy over to chase my chickens... I told her she was crazy for even thinking I would let that happen w/o shooting her pup. She doesn't understand why people have chickens as pets.
he.gif

She brought the dog over.... and was careful not to let go of him while near the chickens.
smile.png

It was the first time I had met her so I didn't want to come off as such a witch so quickly.
smile.png
But the next time she came over she knew I meant business!
lau.gif

I'm sure no harm was meant. If this was a young kid, I'm sure it never crossed her mind to ask. Some were just raised that way.
roll.png
Just kindly let her know that "Dad is allergic to dogs, so please don't bring it over anymore." Simple as that. No need to get upset over a honest situation. Good luck
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom