Grrrr! The nerve of some people!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by percyj, Aug 2, 2010.

1. percyj

percyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    I was in Naperville w/ my family enjoying the riverwalk when I saw a gorgeous dumped black Swedish hen!!! And some kids around 10 years old were laughing at the "stupid ugly duck" (she was be-yoot-iful btw) and throwing rocks at her WITH THEIR PARENTS RIGHT BEHIND THEM NOT SAYING A THING!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] sorry. I feel so bad for them!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Take that duck home and give her the TLC!!!

[​IMG] to the parents, what example are they for the kids!

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    We have a park nearby with tons of dumped domestic ducks. People throw tantrums though when you try to bring any home. Their is even this odd looking duck I have never seen anything like it (Little and Black with long legs). We have tons of domestic geese there too. [​IMG] A couple muscovies also. They seem to do fine but I really wish people wouldn't dump pets like that. Theres a woman who comes by who dumps bags of feed. Atleast they get fed properly I guess.

4. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Thats horrible... some people.....
    God its desgusting ...
    [​IMG]

5. GrumpyOldMan

GrumpyOldMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    SE Louisiana
    I have found that there are lots of idiots in the world. Yah people let their kids chase animals, throw rocks and if they can catch and squeeze them. I get nasty looks when I loudly say¬Ö. MORONS! glair and shake my head. I point and laugh at people with pants three sizes too big hanging down below their buts too. IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!

6. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

We do that too. Make a loud comment about someones balcony being to low and two things dropping out etc. Do people still have decency? Makes you wonder.

7. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Ha ha! GrumpyOldMan, you should have been with me Sunday at the store. It was crowded and I was absentmindedly stuck behind some tall guy pushing the cart in front of me, not paying much attention but resting my eyes on his back... and my eyes slid down and I nearly fell over laughing. He was wearing skin-colored boxers and his pants down around his thighs and all I could think of was how ridiculous he looked. I wanted to tell him to pull his pants up, he was embarrassing himself. I wanted to say, "Dude, we had wild styles when I was a kid and they were dumb and crazy, but at least they didn't look stupid!" (Okay, except the leg warmers. Those looked stupid.)

I guess it's a sign that I'm turning into a croney. But so much of what young folks think is high style looks so fall-over-laughing funny to me. Like they're deliberately trying to impersonate a clown.

On the other hand, at least it's just clothes & hair. The letting kids throw stuff at animals in the park thing is much more disturbing. [​IMG]

8. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

9. FowlLanguage

FowlLanguage Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2010
    Anchorage, AK
    I live by a lake and I had to stop kids from throwing a basketball at geese. I said to "quit harassing the wildlife" and they didn't pay much attention to me. Then I began rowing over to their paddle boat. They began hauling butt. [​IMG]

10. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    If it were me I would have said something to the kids then I would have let the parents have it. Shame on all of them. What is wrong with parents these days??? It's as if no one has any common sense anymore. It's obvious the parents do not show any good examples to there kids. Why go to the park??? What is the point if you are going to torment ducks. I just don't get it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by