Grusome Death of my 2 buttons...:(

I'm sorry for your loss.

However, you said the "neibours geman shepard got out and ran stright into the pen, knocked it down and riped apart both of them...and he felt bad and offered me some money to go get new ones" - I not sure why you told him off since it sounds like his dog is normally confined in some way. I'm also not sure what else you wanted him to do at that point - you admit he felt bad and offered you some money to compensate. I agree that doesn't replace the pets you lost but it is more than most people would do and it is what a good neighbor should have done. I don't think you should take it out on him so much. Do you have your own fenced yard that the dog was able to break into? If you don't you might want to get one.

I'm wondering how the dog got out of his yard and into your yard in order to run stratight into the pen and kill them in the first place.

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but I believe in being good neighbors and not starting feuds. He felt bad, he offered compensation, I'm sure he will try to ensure his dog doesn't get out again, but it is also your responsibility to be sure that if he does, your birds are in a predator-proof pen and not one that can just be knocked over that easily.

hugs.gif
I am so sorry for your loss. The man sounds like he cares but it is his responsibility to keep his dog on his property. I truly hope he finds a way to prevent this from happening again. I know some other people don't understand our birds are part of our families i know mine are they are my children and i do my best to keep them safe. Take care keep your head up and don't give up on your babies.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom