Guard animals

I'm not sure what would deter a coy-wolf or wolf. They are big. The boy-wolves around here might as well be wolves. I never knew about llamas but I know donkeys will take a coyote.

Sorry for your losses.

While donkeys (not miniatures, they would be tasty too!) and llamas might attack critters in their pastures, they aren't likely to care about your chickens. Guarding sheep, as part of their herd, is not the same as caring about what happens to your chickens.
And all the other details mentioned by LG.
Good electric fencing, or electric poultry netting, will be much more economical!
Mary

While donkeys (not miniatures, they would be tasty too!) and llamas might attack critters in their pastures, they aren't likely to care about your chickens. Guarding sheep, as part of their herd, is not the same as caring about what happens to your chickens.
And all the other details mentioned by LG.
Good electric fencing, or electric poultry netting, will be much more economical!
Mary

I'm not sure about this. Down the road from me they have a donkey and no issues with coyotes with the chickes, but across the creek where the donkey is not chickens are being killed by coyotes. So maybe the presence alone deters the coyotes?

Back
Top Bottom