Guard chickens!

MickeysChicks

Songster
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
South Carolina
My husband shared this with me this morning! This week we finally got around to refilling the bird feeders in the yard. There was a little seed left in the bag that we just scattered in the yard. We figured between the flying birds and the yard birds somebody would eat it! Well yesterday afternoon while I was at work, my husband looked out in the backyard in time to see a squirrel helping himself to the seed on the ground. Gertrude McFuzz our biggest RSL suddenly came out of nowhere and chased the squirrel to the nearest tree. The squirrel scampered up just high enough that Gertrude couldn't reach him. Within minutes all 14 hens had surrounded the tree and were raising a ruckus and pecking at the tree, the squirrel decided to head to the tree tops! LOL
We thought raising chickens would be fun, we had no idea how much they would make us LOL! Everyday it's something new!
btw...we haven't seen a squirrel anywhere near the feeders since then! Why didn't we think of this earlier!

Lol. I have something that can sort of relate to that.

So my chicks are now 1 month and 2 month olds, pretty small and seem harmless and friendly (the weathers decent here, never snows or goes below 60 F so it's good weather for them). They were all eating their breakfast, when a little wild bird only the size of a fist came hopping up to the coop looking for food. Gizmo (we call her Gizzard lol), our fluffy as heck white silkie chick just HATED that bird! She jumped in the air and flew forward in a lunging mode and scared that bird half to death!!!!!!!!

:)

Lol. I have something that can sort of relate to that.

So my chicks are now 1 month and 2 month olds, pretty small and seem harmless and friendly (the weathers decent here, never snows or goes below 60 F so it's good weather for them). They were all eating their breakfast, when a little wild bird only the size of a fist came hopping up to the coop looking for food. Gizmo (we call her Gizzard lol), our fluffy as heck white silkie chick just HATED that bird! She jumped in the air and flew forward in a lunging mode and scared that bird half to death!!!!!!!!

:)
lol
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom