guess at bantam breeds I got at feed store.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by trinitymare, Jun 11, 2009.

1. trinitymare

trinitymare Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    Hi every one,

I'm new here but have been enjoying my little flock and enjoy hearing of others [​IMG]

I got some chicks at the feed store and they where a mix of bantam breeds but I was told they where all "pure" from a hatchry

Is this one a Ameraucana? the only other with blue and red I could think of is a blue brested red old english.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can get better pictures in the morning if that would help.

2. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Songster

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    It could be an Easter egger bantam. What color is itsÂ’ legs? (Green) Also, what type of comb does it have?(pea) Love the color. (If what is in the parenthesis is correct than you most likely have an E.E.)
    Good luck with your birds,
    Jamie

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  3. danielbrown

danielbrown Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    Spartanburg, sc
    looks like a EE. I think i see green legs. It's has a yellow beak so not its not a Ameraucana.

EE are sold by hatcheries as "pure" Ameraucana or Araucana.
    Notice how they never list a color for them like other breeds they sell. They just say "multi colored" or something like that.
    EE are mutts with Ameraucana blood so they can look like anything. Nothing wrong with them, they are just not Ameraucana.

4. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    EE I see green legs [​IMG]. Beautiful coloring might I add. Oh and danielbrown what color of beak should Ameraucanas and Araucanas have?

5. danielbrown

danielbrown Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    Spartanburg, sc
    Beak should be white
    skin should be white
    legs should be slate blue or black.

yellow beak, yellow skin, green or yellow legs means it was crossed with a yellow skinned bird.

6. trinitymare

trinitymare Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    Thanks, I'm bummed they are mutts, but the last I guess EE's I got from the place did lay nice green eggs and is a good hen.

OK it has a black and white beak green legs, it looks like a hen to me? (the red and blue one)

This is the other one, I think it's the same mutt breed but a roo,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. trinitymare

trinitymare Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    [​IMG]

This is the hen I got there last year a Mutt EE right?

8. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    they all look like EE's to me but their really pretty birds I don't see anything wrong with a mutt I really think they should allow shows for "mutts" at State Fairs and stuff. It would be fun seeing the bird combinations people put together.

9. trinitymare

trinitymare Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    I guess the trouble with showing mutts would be the judge would just picked out what he liked as their would be no standred to go by. unless you had a most colorful class or something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: