Guess it is about time for an introduction!

JudithM

Chirping
Jun 12, 2019
After the block party yesterday on BYC, I decided I just have to spend more time here. So... here goes! My name is Judy, I live in the country.... way out in the country, with my youngest son and his family (4 kids) plus my oldest son's x wife and her daughter. That makes 5 grandkids right here to raid my fridge or call for taxi service!

I have an online doll business where I sell accessories for high end dolls as well as play dolls like the American Girl dolls. Don't laugh.. doll collecting is the most popular hobby next to trains!

I have 4 bearded silkies, 4 regular white silkes and 4 silver laced wyandottes and 5 dogs. I enjoy my grandkids, online business, gardening, chickens, dogs plus various other animals around here that my daughter in law and grandkids collect. I love riding my 4-wheeler and cannot wait until the weather gets cooler as I love cold weather too.

At 71 years of age, I decided to quit waiting on help and build my enclosed chicken pens myself so I went out and purchased the lumber, chop saw, hammer drill, wire and everything else I though I needed and got busy.

The first photo below is the last pen I built for my bearded silkies (hiding out inside their house due to heat). It is 8' x 18' and I am putting sand in the bottom as I have found that open air pens with sand are easiest to keep clean. The second photo is an old gazebo frame I confiscated from my son's junk pile and added what was needed for my wyandottes. I built it around their house so they now have plenty of room. Looks rough but serves the purpose just great plus it gave me the courage to build the one in the first photo. The last photo is a pawhut pen for my white silkies. It is actually the first pen I purchased. I added a small run that I built to give them a little more ground space and the nice thing.. it is easily detachable for cleaning.

OK.. so that is it for my introduction. Looking forward to lots of fun time on this group!
Pen BS.jpg
Pen WD.jpg
Pen Sil.jpg

Welcome to BYC and very glad you joined. :frowMy mother collects high end dolls so fits your demographic minus the chickens of course as it would get in the way of her RV'ing.

I do like your coops they would be a great fit for my neck of the woods, however, could you please edit in a general bit of location data for us? It is located in the account section. If you have coyotees, bears, wolves, ect.... those setups with chicken wire won't keep your fowl safe. Once again, glad you decided to join us here.

After the block party yesterday on BYC, I decided I just have to spend more time here. So... here goes! My name is Judy, I live in the country.... way out in the country, with my youngest son and his family (4 kids) plus my oldest son's x wife and her daughter. That makes 5 grandkids right here to raid my fridge or call for taxi service!

I have an online doll business where I sell accessories for high end dolls as well as play dolls like the American Girl dolls. Don't laugh.. doll collecting is the most popular hobby next to trains!

I have 4 bearded silkies, 4 regular white silkes and 4 silver laced wyandottes and 5 dogs. I enjoy my grandkids, online business, gardening, chickens, dogs plus various other animals around here that my daughter in law and grandkids collect. I love riding my 4-wheeler and cannot wait until the weather gets cooler as I love cold weather too.

At 71 years of age, I decided to quit waiting on help and build my enclosed chicken pens myself so I went out and purchased the lumber, chop saw, hammer drill, wire and everything else I though I needed and got busy.

The first photo below is the last pen I built for my bearded silkies (hiding out inside their house due to heat). It is 8' x 18' and I am putting sand in the bottom as I have found that open air pens with sand are easiest to keep clean. The second photo is an old gazebo frame I confiscated from my son's junk pile and added what was needed for my wyandottes. I built it around their house so they now have plenty of room. Looks rough but serves the purpose just great plus it gave me the courage to build the one in the first photo. The last photo is a pawhut pen for my white silkies. It is actually the first pen I purchased. I added a small run that I built to give them a little more ground space and the nice thing.. it is easily detachable for cleaning.

OK.. so that is it for my introduction. Looking forward to lots of fun time on this group!
View attachment 1914079 View attachment 1914082 View attachment 1914081

Welcome :welcome Nice to have you here, enjoyed your intro! I remember waiting for someone to cut up some damaged trees after a storm (‘don’t hire someone, I’ll do it’.... ) but I got tired of waiting. Went to buy a chainsaw and did it myself. Still have all fingers and toes.... :yesss: The neighbors were worried when they saw me with the chainsaw but I did it:)

Back
Top Bottom