Guess my crazy chicken?

southernbellenc

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2015

Hi Yall! I had another thread and determined through it that the this chick is a roo. However as he grows his feathers are dramatically different than the other two. All are supposed to be white rocks. Is he?
Also we got them from tsc and they are all sneezing. No other symptoms. I have 13 pullets from mcmurray coming next week. We had planned at 4 weeks to put them together. Now Im thinking we should hold off.If its something serious how long does it usually take for other symptoms to emerge? Thanks for any and all help. I have spent a small fortune to build a new coop and get ready for chickens and don't want to do something that will endanger my whole new flock.

This was several days ago. His wings now are darker brown and red with stripes/ spots

Last edited:
Definitely not a white rock. Do they always sneeze? Is it dusty where you are keeping them?

I am using pine shavings in a large plastic brooder. I did put a little pdz in there but they were sneezing before that. We got in the 80s yesterday so I took then out in the yard for a bit. They didnt sneeze as much but atleast one sneeze every few minutes for each bird.No other signs of illness. Poop is normal, no drainage and eyes are clear.

Last edited:
Hard to say really. The environment can have a lot to do with it. If it's dusty or your not cleaning enough it could cause sneezing. I would put a little apple cider vinegar in their water, not a lot....like 1 tbsp per gallon and just keep an eye to see if they start displaying other symptoms. Lots of people have different opinions on medicated chick feed, but if you aren't feeding them that maybe consider it.

Back
Top Bottom