guess that cross.. unfortunately.

Some Wyandottes carry a gene for a single comb. It is possible that the breeder has hatchery quality birds (as I suspect) and crossed them with the legbars. They do have yellow skin evident by their bright yellow legs. But that wouldn't have been my first guess.

That is the theory im going to have to go with when trying to get rid of them. Hate selling as barn yard mix but clearly nothing good is going on here.

the give away that they're mixed is the leg color, a true cream legbar would not have yellow legs. that aside... sometimes mixing isn't just from the previous gen but could go back father to chicken grandparents. so who knows what they're mixed with lol. i have a SLW with pink/ white legs that was sold to me as an EE. sometimes people who sell you a bird have no idea what is what

the give away that they're mixed is the leg color, a true cream legbar would not have yellow legs. that aside... sometimes mixing isn't just from the previous gen but could go back father to chicken grandparents. so who knows what they're mixed with lol. i have a SLW with pink/ white legs that was sold to me as an EE. sometimes people who sell you a bird have no idea what is what

the SOP says yelllow?

Last edited:
She was nice enough that I got a refund and she is offering me new birds but i think ill put that money towards different "lines" and let her keep the birds :p
Good move!

the SOP says yelllow?
Yup.
upload_2019-5-16_15-33-54.png

Back
Top Bottom