Guess that's how it is in Texas...

Quote:
Yeah, she pretty much would. There remains a law in the Texas books from the 1800's I believe that states you can shoot a man who is threatening you or your property.

Just a year or two ago, there was a man who shot another man who was stealing the hubcaps from his car in the driveway. Shooter wasn't charged.

And recently, a man broke into an elderly womans house and she shot him in the rear... TWICE! And you can hear her on the 911 call yelling "Stay down or I'll shoot you again!" She was never charged either.

Quote:
Good thing it wasn't me whom he was taking the purse from... he wouldn't have lived to take me for all I'm worth.

And just because you've ruffled my feathers enough, I'm going to risk getting my hand slapped. People with you're attitude is why criminals are more active than ever. We live in a world where people are afraid to honk the horn, or change lanes on the roadway for fear of being shot. People are afraid to walk their dogs in the neighborhood during the evening for fear of being mugged, or killed. Kids can't play in the front yard anymore, and homes are more like jails for all the alarms and window bars we have to have to remain safe.

And then there is your crowd, saying "oh go on, take my purse, I wont shoot...."

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Good thing it wasn't me whom he was taking the purse from... he wouldn't have lived to take me for all I'm worth.

And just because you've ruffled my feathers enough, I'm going to risk getting my hand slapped. People with you're attitude is why criminals are more active than ever. We live in a world where people are afraid to honk the horn, or change lanes on the roadway for fear of being shot. People are afraid to walk their dogs in the neighborhood during the evening for fear of being mugged, or killed. Kids can't play in the front yard anymore, and homes are more like jails for all the alarms and window bars we have to have to remain safe.

And then there is your crowd, saying "oh go on, take my purse, I wont shoot...."

clap.gif
I couldn't agree more!

Quote:

I believe in the sanctity of human life. I also believe in personal responsibility. If you violate or threaten my family or myself, I will drop you like a bad habit.
There was a man here who was going to rob a local store. When he pulled his gun, about 8 others pulled their guns on him. He had a choice, give up or die. Its that simple. If your not willing to be removed from the gene pool. Don't do the crime.

There is a reason why theft does not warrant the death penalty, and I'm unclear on why private citizens who have lost their heads are allowed to deal out a punishment that a court would never be allowed to get away with. Shoot a man breaking into your home or car while you're in it . . . yes, that could be a threat and should be dealt with. The fleeing man was past the point of being a threat, and a purse is not worth the price of a life . . . ever. Walmart gets thousand dollar items stolen by customers all the time, but would you seriously consider death an appropriate punishment for the shoplifters that got caught? If not, why not? It's the same type of crime that you're advocating shooting people over.
People like me love guns and use them as a powerful deterrent and as something that can and does save lives when used in appropriate situations. People like me also understand that what this woman did undermines everything we gun lovers are trying to demonstrate to the world . . . that gun ownership leads to a bigger responsibility and a better understanding of the value of human life, and that we don't just take lives willy nilly for any old crime.

A man is dead over a stolen purse. There is no way you can twist that to make it anything other than terribly sad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom