Guess The Breed Of The Horse

Pics
Przewalski Horse
I worked at an exotic animal ranch when I was in high school. They had a small herd of eight przewalski horses and I had the honor and privilege of being able to bottle raise a foal who's mother was sadly hit by lightning. His name was Zeus, and he was an amazing creature.

I worked at an exotic animal ranch when I was in high school. They had a small herd of eight przewalski horses and I had the honor and privilege of being able to bottle raise a foal who's mother was sadly hit by lightning. His name was Zeus, and he was an amazing creature.
O wow! That's such an amazing experience! :)

Some facts on the Przewalski's horse:
The Przewalski's horse was long believed to be the last living truly wild horse, however, recent DNA analysis shows that they are most likely feral, and were once domesticated. It is interesting to note that most horses have 64 pairs of chromosomes, while Przewalski's horses have 66. They are native to the steppes of Mongolia.

Here's one:
d2dd5d3a9d6e9f6e858ddcc58a5fe4f0.jpg

Its kind of hard to tell, but it is a more drafty sort of breed.

Some facts on the Przewalski's horse:
The Przewalski's horse was long believed to be the last living truly wild horse, however, recent DNA analysis shows that they are most likely feral, and were once domesticated. It is interesting to note that most horses have 64 pairs of chromosomes, while Przewalski's horses have 66. They are native to the steppes of Mongolia.
I didn't know that about the chromosomes! that is sure interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom