Guess the breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lope4Life, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Lope4Life

Lope4Life In the Brooder

Mar 29, 2018
    SE Texas
    Hi everyone!

I’m brand new to the chicken world and was hoping someone could help me guess the breed of my lil ones. And I know they’re still to young but feel free to guess pullet or roo. The two feathered legs came from the Bantam bin and the other two came from the GLW pullet bin but I have serious doubts about the yellow chick. I believe they are about 3 weeks old, Henrietta is the largest with Nugget being tiny, at 2.5 weeks she? was the same size as my 2 day old EE.

Yellow-Henrietta
    Black w/feathered legs- Little Finger
    Yellowish w/feathered legs- McFluffkins
    Wild type-Nugget

Attached Files:

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    I don't see any GLW. Henrietta maybe a Red sex-link, both McFluffkins could be a Cochin or a d'Uccle (I can't tell if it has a beard or not), Little finger could be a Cochin (what comb type does it have?), is nugget smaller then the others? It looks like it could be a Brown Leghorn.

3. Lope4Life

Lope4Life In the Brooder

Mar 29, 2018
    SE Texas
    I don’t have any better pics of McFluffkins but I don’t recall seeing a beard unless it’ll be very subtle.

I’ll have to check Little Finger when I get back to the house.

Nugget is definitely the smallest. I believe it’s about 3 weeks and it’s as small as my 3 day old Easter Eggers.

Attached Files:

4. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chook Snuggler

I have zero experience with production breeds, so I won't comment on your first chick. :) But the Cochin appears to be Golden Laced. With a single comb, no beard/muffs, and feathered legs, I believe you have a Mille Fleur Booted bantam, as well. Since the wildtype has a distinct white patch of down on its chest, Spangled OEGB. :D Looks just like mine. :)

~Alex

drumstick diva likes this.
  5. Lope4Life

Lope4Life In the Brooder

Mar 29, 2018
    SE Texas
    Here’s some pics hopefully they help

McFluffkins beard or no beard
    Little Fingers comb
    Nugget next to a Easter Egger

Attached Files:

Better Than Rubies likes this.
  6. Alexandra33

Is the Easter Egger a bantam or standard size?

~Alex

7. Lope4Life

Lope4Life In the Brooder

Mar 29, 2018
    SE Texas
    The true Easter Egger should be standard.

8. Alexandra33

Alrighty. But I guess it's hard to tell scale from pictures. ;) Probably isn't an OEGB, then, but I still feel like he/she is of spangled coloration.

~Alex

9. Lope4Life

Lope4Life In the Brooder

Mar 29, 2018
    SE Texas
    I understand, thanks for yall’s help! I’m so excited to see how they turn out! I’ve been reading all kinds of “chicken things” and studying them.

drumstick diva likes this.
  10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Much too early - please post new photos at 8 weeks of age, when they are fully feathered out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: