Guess what I did today :)

nightshade

Songster
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Jonestown Pa , Columbia County
I am sooo excited, we started our coop addition on our main hen house today. Pretty much we tore our 4 1/2x 11 coop down to the studs and have doubled it in width. I can't wait til it gets put up all the way. We have the walls stood. Tomorrow the roof goes on and the plywood on the walls.
smile.png
I just had to share my excitement
big_smile.png

I will have to try to get the digital before it gets all done. I share one with my uncle lol. If I can I will post some pics.

Day two didn't go as well as planned. It snowed this morning ahhh... So we did not get as far as we hoped. But we did get the trusses up and half the sheeting on
big_smile.png
I am already dreaming of where to put the roosts, and the laying box. I can't wait to have a place where our ducks can sleep and not be pooed on, they have this thing about laying under the roosts at night. So now I can make then their own little space and hopefully they will use it. Plus I found out today that I can use the rafters from the orginal roof as a shelf to store my chicken crates on. Yee major plus that will get them out of the weather. I had planned on keeping them in the tack room addition when we get it on the barn but this is alot better then that.

I'll keep you updated.
wink.png

tongue.png
Yeeeeeeee the coop addition is offically done I am soo very excited. The girls are all moved in. If I can borrow the digital camara I will try to get some pics.

I am amazed at how much bigger just an extra 4ft wide seem to make it.
cool.png

jumpy.gif

Great! We got one finished too and the hens/rooster are in it and they love it. Now we need to start building the second one....ahhhh...then the third one ....then... Tehe! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your brood
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom