Guess what I found today!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by luvtheladies, Mar 6, 2011.

1. luvtheladies

luvtheladies In the Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    Harrogate, TN
    Got home from church and went to feed my girls and found my first double yoker!!!!! I have only had chickens since Oct. and didn't expect to get one so soon. It was over 3" long and 2" wide. I have taken pics and will edit when I am allowed to post pics. By the way that's a pic of it in my hand on my profile pic. I don't have small hands. I wear a size 14 ring. [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  2. nanawendy

nanawendy Songster

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Blessing for your attendance [​IMG]

3. maizey

maizey Songster

Quote:Ha..cute [​IMG]

4. bluere11e

bluere11e Songster

Feb 8, 2011
    West Palm Beach
    Quote:Welcome to BYC! I've had all sorts of chickens and I've kept many until they were antient. I rarely got double yolkers.. I've been told a dozen reasons, but none of them ever applied to my girls. I have Marans that lay EXTRA JUMBO eggs.. But none have been double yolkers..
    Congratulations1

5. tcbfan5

tcbfan5 Songster

Oct 19, 2008
    Kansas
    [​IMG] Congrats! We have had some dbl yolkers ourselves before.. big ol eggs! lol

6. Eggie and Me

Eggie and Me Songster

Mar 9, 2009
    Southern California
    Congrats. When our girls first started laying we got several double yolkers. It was so thrilling when we cracked open an egg and got such a surprise.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  7. BoyetteK9

BoyetteK9 In the Brooder

Jan 1, 2011
    Clermont County, Ohio
    Ouch! That's a biggun'. Anyone know what causes double-yokers, or if there's a way to increase the chances of getting them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: