Guess What I Found Yesterday.....

Woo-hooo! Congrats!
No eggs here yet.
hmm.png

All follicles are in a state of deep freeze.

I have some toulouse that have started to lay eggs and have gotten a great hatch with them in the farm. Have you guys gotten great hatches with your sebastopol geese? i have never thought of buying sebastopol geese but will anyone be selling eggs or babies soon? and which one is a better value or better purchase live eggs or hatched babies? I think I have seen people selling eggs for about $10-15 each.
pips&peeps, cottagerose where did you get your lines from?

Last edited:
I got the other two nest boxes dug out this morning and filled with shavings and grass(hay). Everyone came to check them out and were all making alot of noise.

I'm pooped!
th.gif

I have one more box that needs a hole cut in it and a lid for one more nest.

Last edited:
Zeena is laying too-I'm assuming they're fertile as Zander is being a "hissy butt"- Also Zeena is very reluctant to go outside and scarfing down oyster shells! Way too early for Maine! Prob have to pysanky a couple of her eggs.

Today I finally managed to bring in an egg without destroying it!
bow.gif

I will fire up the 'bator tomorrow......

I will also be selling some pet quality birds if anyone is interested.

I decided not to fire up the incubator yet. I have two eggs now, anybody interested in them. $25.00 includes shipping.

They are fertile, the ones that cracked had the "bullseye" and, I have been getting to them before they get too cold.

There are pictures of my birds on my website.

They are all curly breasted.

My birds have lots of different lines. A couple are from Metzer Farms, a couple have Holderreads lineage, I just got a beautiful male from the Foley's in Kentucky. His lineage was quoted as the following:

Most of my geese came from Freddie Gregory here in Kentucky, he got his directly from a breeder that imported from Europe years ago.

One egg was laid this afternoon around 2:00 and the other was laid on Friday afternoon.​

Back
Top Bottom