Guess what I got?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sphinx, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

This is a 44 bottle capacity wine refrigerator. Bought it used for $10 because while it turns on, it doesn't cool.

Guess what I want to put in it? (hint: NOT wine)

[​IMG]

I bought a Brinsea Mini Advance because it looked very simple AND because it had a 7 egg capacity. I figured that would hold me back and keep me from hatching too many chicks. But, IT'S HOLDING ME BACK!!! It can only hold 7 eggs at a time!!!

I promised dh the chance to try and fix it, because if it can be repaired, I could probably sell it for $150-$200, which would nicely fund a homemade incubator project. if he can't fix it, he'll turn it into a cabinet incubator. I can't decide what to hope for- repaired fridge or not.[​IMG]

2. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Or option #3...you could fill it with wine and have a win, win, win situation!

3. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Mrs. Feathers :

Or option #3...you could fill it with wine and have a win, win, win situation!

I thought about that. Problem is this: I have the palate of a 2 year old and hate wine. DH likes wine, but not enough to necessitate a 44 bottle fridge just for wine.​

4. Chickety Charcoal

Chickety Charcoal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Westchester County, NY
    That"s brilliant! I just borrowed a Brinsea Advance 7 egger. Good thing I didn't see this post or I'd have converted my wine fridge! [​IMG]

5. mojomamma

mojomamma Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Alabama
    Very Nice!!!!

6. hamilton3475

hamilton3475 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Alabama
    That's gonna make an awesome incubator [​IMG]

7. Me & Jack

Me & Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    NC
    Oooh, great idea. Need to check my local Craigslist for a broken down wine cooler! Or maybe a dorm fridge? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by