Guess what i just got🤭!!!!!

Yes that's exactly what they'll have, a thick bedding layer, and a nice shelter away from wind and rain (if they're smart enough to go in it that is)
I keep mine inside a prefab, for at least a week, or two, then start letting them come out. They catch on pretty quickly.

Sooooo after a LONG wait, I finally got three beautiful 3.5 month old silkie chicks! Two of them are partridge, and one I'm not sure, so any suggestions about that re very welcome! MASSIVE thank you to @MysteryChicken and @ikoCRO (Also honorable mentions to @JacinLarkwell @ChickenCanoe and @Amer ) thank you for helping me! Now, here are my two questions. I would like to know the sex of these three chicks, yes I know it's really hard to tell at this age, but if anyone has any ideas I would gladly appreciate it, if not, well, let's just say I'm used to waiting. Now my second question. We will be expecting a week where things are going to get pretty cold, dropping to 0C° (around 32F I believe) at night at its coldest day, and up to 4C° (around 40F I believe) during the day. Will these 3.5 month olds be able to handle that kind of weather? The will have a sheltered area of course free from drafts, with bedding, but I still worry about them a lot. Anyways, here they areView attachment 3393419
@LadiesAndJane is really good with Silkie sexing and partridge patterns are actually one of the easiest Silkie patterns to sex. Based on the ones you have I would guess number two with the obvious patterning is your boy. I am not as well versed, but the girls have the orange more diffusely scattered throughout their feathers and the boys are more in patches of orange coloring. I am almost sure haha.

I keep mine inside a prefab, for at least a week, or two, then start letting them come out. They catch on pretty quickly.

I might do that, since the area I'm placing them in is sort of the broody pen, so I have an extra board I place to kind of provide a less lit place, but it works as a way to section of that part of the pen as well!

@LadiesAndJane is really good with Silkie sexing and partridge patterns are actually one of the easiest Silkie patterns to sex. Based on the ones you have I would guess number two with the obvious patterning is your boy. I am not as well versed, but the girls have the orange more diffusely scattered throughout their feathers and the boys are more in patches of orange coloring. I am almost sure haha.

Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom