Guess what I saw...

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by shellz131, Jul 2, 2010.

1. shellz131

shellz131 Sams Memory Lane

Jun 28, 2010
    Malone Ny
    Well I came home from work and went down to check on my flock like I usually do.I brought them a treat of watermelon and they were really enjoying that.Oh boy! All of a sudden i saw something out of the corner of my eye and I looked and I thought it was my welsummer chick in the feed pan. Then I looked again because it looked kind of strange for a chicken and lo and behold it was a chipmunk head down in the feed pan stuffing its cheeks with the feed. Well i did not know whether to go get my BB gun or laugh it was so cute .[​IMG]

2. fluffystuffs808

fluffystuffs808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Hawaii
    Aww! CUTE!! not sure if they are harmful but I would have a hard time shooting it!

3. Hippie Chicks Mom

Hippie Chicks Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Near Old Forge NY
    I have a chipmunk that likes to "share" the girls food. The girls ignore him so I do too. He is cute as a button! I have left food for the chippie (Sunflower seeds) to encourage him to leave the feed alone! Only works for as long as there are seeds!!!![​IMG]

4. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    1/2 my feed bill was squirrels last month... So I invested in some squirrel be gone... (actually my dog hid in the grain bin).... he got 7 in one week and they keep on coming... they steal eggs too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by