Guess What?! I'm new!

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Pride, La. You'll learn lots & lots here!!
thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio
frow.gif
Look at all the extra space you will have for your new chicken flock, if you sell or re-home the horse/pony. Chicken Math!
lol.png

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. I happen to love having a dirt floor for my chickens. I fill it with shavings and only have to clean it out twice a year because they are outside in the pen or free ranging most of the time.
D.gif

Quote:
It wasn't just the room, but yes, right now my horse stuff is in the big 30'x12' out building that should have been turned into a chicken coop. All I had to do was close up some holes instead of building a whole new coop. (Could you imagine my telling my husband I have enough room for 90 chickens?) I was thinking the money savings of selling/re-homing the Nag Butts. No more $50 in grain every 2 weeks and no more $1000+ in hay a year. Nope, I'd much rather have something that gives back these days. Considering we eat a lot of eggs, and I have a line for eggs already, these girls will earn most of their keep. I really am excited about having chickens! I'm also excited to be here on BYC around very knowledgeable people!

welcome-byc.gif
from Northern Ontario Canada. hope you are enjoying the forum.

I plan on using the DLM in the new coops we are building this spring, currently we have a dirt floor.

Ema

Back
Top Bottom