Guess what was in MY bed!

This is why we will never be getting a snake. LOL

And snakes don't really bother me, but I don't want to wake up with one.

I had a female ferret who liked to put her kits/pinkies in our bed at night when we slept. We would wake up with a lot of squeaking going on and had to put all the kits back in the cage. Amazingly they all lived. On another note; when I was a kid I used to collect snakes for a collector. I probably decimated the local population of corn, milk, rat, racers and rattlers in my area. Needless to say, I have no fear at all of snakes. I find them all very cool.

Last edited:
Quote:
too bad, i can't get a ferret as live in california
sad.png

I have snakes and one in particular through the years who is an escape artist. Kiara my first snake (he is now 14 yrs old) is a Ball python. Balls get 4-5ft long and are very thick and heavy bodied little guys...but surprisingly agile, silent, and sneaky fellows! Kiara has gotten out before and me not realized it, he scared the crap out of me once when I opened my 'junk drawer' at the top drawer of a chest of drawers....and he literally 'popped' out because of all the stuff in there, he was crammed in...Scared the daylights out of me and I screamed cause obviously I wasn't expecting to have something fall out of the drawer that moved!!! Then his mate got loose later on that year and was crusing the shelf full of stuff critters and knocked some off which alerted me to her presence (I was looking for her)...Then Kiara wound up in my bed once under my pillow and I found him while making up the bed after moving it around to look under the bed for him.

Snakes are amazing creatures and I adore them, I have 2 ball pythons right now Kiara whom is 14 yrs old and Neo who is my 6 yr old DD's snake and is 1 yr old. I have had corns, milks, ratsnakes, redtail boas, rainbow boas, a burmese, garters, ribbons, etc snakes in the past 12 years. At one time I have 3 6' + boas and 3 adult ball pythons plus a small collection of corns and ratsnakes...

Word of advice if you lose your snake(s) again, look from the cage to the floor of the wall and work your way away from the cage focusing on the edge of the wall...Furniture against the wall? move it, look in it and under it...Anything against the wall they can climb up pay close attention to it...Snakes tend to travel against the wall first and most often in a house...Unless they feel a heat source they may travel away from the security of the wall. I've had great luck with this bit of information in searching for lost reptiles of my own and others before!

Love to hear about great snake stories and love Vlad's name
wink.png
Good luck, many well wishes for you and your snakes!

I guess he was looking for warmth
wink.png

This reminds me -- I'm glad my older cousin didn't hurt my hamster when he crawled across her.

Back
Top Bottom