GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenbottom, Jun 15, 2009.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i caught 2 of my 22 weekers in the nest boxes my california white (cookie) and my white leghorn (daisy). they were both sitting in there own for about 3 to five minutes then cookie moved to a different nest box and daisy moved into the same one with cookie. which they have alot to chose from but then daisy got out and went to eat and about a minute or two later so did cookie. so I THINK IM GONNA GET EGGS SOON LIKE THIS WEEK [​IMG]

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    [​IMG]

3. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] Can't wait for updates!

4. OHHH! I'm jealous! The egg waiting game is SOOOOO HARD!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Fruit Juice

Fruit Juice Songster

Mar 13, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    [​IMG]

6. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i just went and checked no eggs but im hoping tommorrow and i went down to pick cookie up and she SQUATTED and her comb says she is ready

7. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Songster

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Good luck - I know the feeling my hens started laying at 15.3 weeks and I can't wait to go out each morning and see if there are more eggs. I think I have 3 of the 10 hens laying now since the eggs are a little different. Hope to see an update soon about receiving your 1st egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: