Guess what?

4 Love of Baby Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
The middle of Middle Tennessee
I've got a broody!!!!
ya.gif
My BR hen named Chili. She's sitting on 11 eggs I set under her at 3:30 PM yesterday afternoon.
big_smile.png
She's setting on 8 pure RIR's, 2 BR's eggs (because I have another BR hen that is covered by my RIR roo so that'll be BSL chicks if they hatch), & a light blue egg from my champion EE hen (also crossed by my RIR roo).
big_smile.png

I can't wait!!! I haven't had any baby chicks hatch since almost 11 months ago. And I haven't had any baby chicks to watch and take care of since my BR babies were in the brooder in my room.
big_smile.png
I just love baby chicks.
love.gif

Here's the proud mama. This is the most recent picture I have of her.

3579_chili_1.jpg

*Note* I'll post more pictures of Chili and her eggs as time goes by. And I'll post pictures of her with her chicks when they hatch in 20 days or so.
big_smile.png

Wonderful! I had an incubator for a while, and I just do not like incubating at all......so I sold it. I'm hoping I'll get a broody next spring...I've got a GLW rooster, but he's not mature enough to mate. Still a little guy.

Love your BR! I've got one too. She's the roosters girlfriend because they're the same age. LOL

Hope all goes well for you!

Sharon

Congrats!! Barred Rocks happen to be one of my favorite breed. The majority of my flock is made up of them. They are the best layers I have. Very sociable, too. Good luck with your eggs.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom