Guesses for six week olds?

HausOfEggwards

Songster
May 9, 2021
Lansing, Michigan
My chicks are six weeks, and were all vent sexed at the hatchery, so I'm hoping for all pullets, let me know what you think, pullets or roos?
3 EEs
alaska6weeks.jpg latrice6weeks.jpg shangela6weeks.jpg ee.png
Speckled Sussex
alyssa6weeks.jpg
Polish
laganja6weeks.jpg
And a Meyer mix called "Cookies n Cream" These were new for 2022 so if you have one I'd love to see pics for comparison
shea6weeks.jpg extrashea.jpg

I disagree. The two that people are saying are roos are the only two with straight combs, which is why they appear bigger. The Sussex comb is very pale, so you might be ok there. The cookies & cream being a mix, there isn’t much to compare it to, and the wattles are large, that one raises the most red flags but since we don’t know what breeds make it, could be a fast maturing breed. At 8 weeks if combs are still pale I think you are in the clear.

I disagree. The two that people are saying are roos are the only two with straight combs, which is why they appear bigger. The Sussex comb is very pale, so you might be ok there. The cookies & cream being a mix, there isn’t much to compare it to, and the wattles are large, that one raises the most red flags but since we don’t know what breeds make it, could be a fast maturing breed. At 8 weeks if combs are still pale I think you are in the clear.
The cookies mix is the one that confuses me the most. I wish I could find more comparison pictures, but we'll see what happens :fl

The thing that made me think the Sussex is a roo are the wattles: pretty red and large.
The other one looks to have a pretty coloured comb.
If they were all sexed pullets I do hope I'm wrong anyway

Back
Top Bottom